Opening an Application
This document includes an explanation of each question asked in the Support Grant application as well as a description of the documents that you will need to provide. When completing this application please
use Google Chrome as your browser.
1. Login into the WELS Portal: https://portal.miamiqualitycounts.org/
2. Click on the My Organization tab.
3. Under Sites and Activities, click on the Improvement Plan.
4. Click on the hyperlink: Apply for a Support Grant.
5. Select Own or Rent to identify whether you own or are renting the property.
6. Select Yes or No to identify whether your program receives any funding from any other agency.
a. If you answered Yes to the question, please describe the funding and the name of the agency.
7. List the number of school-age children that you serve in your program (60 months and older).
8. Click on Next
Grant Request Information -- Budget
9. Please read this section before moving to the next page.
10. Click on Next.
Grant Request Information- WELS Catalog
11. Click on View Catalog link.
12. In the search box please type the name of the item that you are interested in purchasing.
13. An item may also be searched by selecting the category. (Select show all to see all categories once you have found your item).
14. Click on Add to Needs List.
For each item complete the following:
a. Quantity: The amount that you wish to order
b. Room: Select the room that the item will be assigned to
c. Category: Select a category that the item is most associated with, “Health & Safety”, “Program Improvements”, or “Administrative Supports” (e.g., cots- Health & Safety). Using the results of your Health and Safety checklist you can determine if you will need to purchase any items form the shopping cart (e.g., changing tables, cribs, cots). NOTE: All Health and Safety items must be addressed before requesting other items.
d. QIP Standard: Select the standard element that you are required to address (e.g., Curriculum, Family Support, Inclusion, Health & Safety).
e. QIP Action: Once you have selected the Standard Element all action plans associated with that QIP element will appear. Select the QIP action plan that will be addressed with the item(s) requested. Action Plans are created by your TA after receiving your assessment.
f. Comment: The comment box should be used to add any additional information about the item you would like to purchase.
15. Click on Add.
16. All items selected will appear in your needs list.
17. Click on Review to see your needs list.
18. Please click on the edit button to make any necessary changes. If you would like to remove an item click on delete.
19. Click on Finish.
*Clicking on Finish will direct you back to your application. To view items selected in the WELS Catalog click on Refresh WELS Catalog Table. Please verify that the information shown is correct. (You can also return to the application by clicking on Back to Support Grant at the top left corner).
20. Click on Next.
Grant Request Information - Non-Catalog Requests
For all other items not found in WELS catalog, please include your request below. If you are purchasing multiple items from the same vendor please be sure to provide one quote with a list of all the items being requested. For any item(s) that are $1,000 or more, you must submit two comparable quotes from different vendors. This also applies if multiple items are being purchased from the same vendor that total $1,000 or more. A comparable quote should include the same item (e.g., quotes for a canopy should have the same dimensions from both vendors). Also, you will need to include current pictures of all areas or items to serve as evidence when necessary (e.g. playground improvements, wall painting, etc).
21. List the vendor that the item(s) will be purchased from. If the item(s) are more than $1,000 you will need to upload two quotes. Only type in the name of the vendor that you will be selecting out of the two quotes in this section.
22. Select Yes or No if the item(s) that you would like to purchase will be needed to complete a project that requires a permit.
23. Click on Add Vendor.
24. Click on Add Items to list each item that is on the quote that you will be uploading from the vendor(s).
25. In the Items Section, please select the level of importance for each item(s) you are requesting: Low, Medium, and High. This will help to determine the priority of each item.
26. List the name of the item(s) the way it is written on the quote. Please remember that if the item(s) are more than $1,000 only enter the information from the quote of which you are selecting.
27. Select the age group that will benefit from every item. If more than one age group will make use of this item, please select mixed age groups.
28. Select the category that the item is most associated with: Health & Safety, Program Improvement, or Administrative Support. Your Health and Safety checklist can be used as a guide to help you complete your request. NOTE: All Health and Safety items must be addressed before requesting other items.
29. Select the Standard Element(s) that you are required to address (e.g., Curriculum, Family Support, Inclusion, Health & Safety).
30. Once you have selected the Standard Element all action plans associated with that QIP element will appear. Select the QIP action plan that will be addressed with the item requested. Action Plans are created by your TA once your assessment reports have been received.
31. Include the price of each item.
32. Indicate the quantity of each item that you would like to purchase. Please make sure that the quantity entered matches the quantity listed on the quote you will be uploading.
33. Click on Add Item.
34. To upload your quotes and before pictures click on Add Files.
35. In the Files Section, list the name of the document that you will be uploading (e.g., computers quote, curriculum quote, playground, walls).
36. Select the type: Before Picture or Quote. Please keep in mind that not all items requested will need a “before picture.” This will only apply to items that are being replaced/fixed (e.g., playground equipment, protective surfacing, painting of walls). Also remember to upload a comparable quote for item(s) that are $1000 or more from one vendor. Although you may have entered the information for the vendor you are selecting, you will need to upload both quotes. NOTE: All items with a before picture will need an after picture once the project or work is complete.
37. Describe why the item is needed.
38. Click on Browse to locate the document/picture. All quotes uploaded must be in pdf format.
39. Click on Add File to upload the document/picture.
40. Repeat this process for every before picture or quote that you will be uploading.
41. Once you have uploaded all quotes and before pictures for the item(s) being requested, please be sure to select Yes or No to indicate whether or not you will be able to cover the remaining balance if you are awarded partial funding from Quality Counts.
42. Click on Next.
Tax Payer Information
45. Upload a W-9 by clicking on Browse.
*Do not use a Social Security Number if you have an Employer Identification Number (EIN). If the name shown on your income tax return is different from the business name please include on the second line, the name of the program as it appears on your DCF license (e.g., DBA 123 Child Care Center). Please upload this document in the pdf format.
46. Click on Update.
47. The document you uploaded should appear as a hyperlink titled Document. To review the document uploaded please click on the document hyperlink.
48. Type the name shown on your income tax return in the check payable section.
49. Click on Next.
50. The director and owner must read and agree to the terms provided by signing and dating the application.
51. Click on Next.
Review & Submit
52. This section will list any steps that have issues. If the issues are not addressed you will not be able to submit the application.
53. Click on Preview, to view the application.
54. If there are no issues with your application, click on the Print hyperlink to get a copy of the complete application for your records.
55. Click on Submit.
56. You will receive an email once you have submitted your application, informing you of next steps.
Quality Counts Support Grant Receipts/After Pictures Help Guide
This section includes an explanation of how to upload receipts and after pictures for materials purchased.
1. Login into the WELS Portal: portal.miamiqualitycounts.org.
2. Click on the My Organization.
3. Under Sites and Activities, click on the Improvement Plan.
4. Click on the hyperlink: Receipts.
5. When uploading after pictures, please name the picture that you will be uploading (e.g., playground equipment, mulch, walls).
6. Select the type: After pictures.
7. Describe what is shown in the picture that has been uploaded.
8. Click on Browse to locate the picture.
9. Click on Add File to upload the picture.
10. To review the document uploaded click on the hyperlink created under File Name.
11. When uploading receipts, please list the name of the vendor where the item was purchased (e.g., 123 landscaping, ABC’s playground equipment).
12. Select the type: Receipts.
13. Describe what was purchased. If the item purchased was less than the amount listed on the quote please list that in the description. If the item had to be purchased from a different vendor because of circumstances beyond your control be sure to include this in the description (In a situation such as this the project coordinator should have been contacted for approval of purchasing the item from a different vendor).
14. Click on Browse to locate the document.
15. Click on Add File to upload the document.
16. To review the document uploaded click on the hyperlink created under File Name.