Quality Counts is a voluntary quality improvement system that reviews early learning programs in Miami-Dade County according to clearly defined, high quality standards and offers supports and incentives to help providers reach their goals.
Our goal is to improve the quality of early care and education programs in Miami-Dade County.
- Program must have been in operation and licensed for at least 1 year.
- Program must meet the Early Learning Coalition’s Child Safety Licensing Policy.
- May not have one (1) Class I licensing violation or more than three (3) Class II licensing violations of the same substandard in the past 12 months.
- Program cannot have a probationary license.
- A family child care home must have a minimum of three (3) children enrolled.
- A religious exempt program is not eligible to participate in Quality Counts.
• Learning Environment
• Staff Qualifications
• On-site coaching and technical assistance for quality improvement
• Career advising
• Assistance with achieving accreditation
• Educational scholarships and training
• Wage supplements for staff
• Communities of Practice for practitioners and directors
• Support grants to address health and safety concerns as well as needed materials and equipment for eligible programs
• On-site short-term mental health supports
• School readiness enhancement supports